Okay, so this has to be one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast especially after a workout in the morning! Potatoes have always been my favorite breakfast food so I added some veggies and protein to give it an extra health boost! Check out the easy recipe below.
Turkey Sausage & Potato Hash Recipe:
Serves: How ever many you’re cooking for. I don’t measure when I cook guys..but don’t worry you can do this, it’s easy.
The magic that makes it taste good:
- Potatoes, russets (can be any other kind you have handy as well)
- Bell pepper (any color)
- Yellow onion (red, and white also work)
- Tomato, any kind
- Turkey Sausage, hot (I love spicy food, but any turkey sausage is good for this recipe)
- Coconut Oil or Spread
- Salt (to taste; put as much or as little as you like)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Paprika (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- Onion Powder (to taste)
- Serrano Peppers, to garnish (this is optional; I wanted to be fancy)
How to make magic:
- Turn Oven to 375f degrees. Cook sausages in oven until they are done. Roughly 15 minutes.
- Cut up the Onion, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Set tomatoes aside. It doesn’t matter if they are diced, sliced, or chopped….just try to cut them roughly the same size. Heat sauté pan over medium high heat. Add coconut oil or spread to pan. Add the onions and bell peppers to pan and sauté over medium high heat until they start to become soft, mix them around and turn heat down to medium low. Let them slowly cook for about 6 min stirring occasionally. Once done, set aside cooked peppers and onions and save the pan you used.
- Wash potatoes and leave the skin on. Cut potato into bite sized pieces. *Note: The thicker you slice the potato the longer it will take to cook.* Place pan from peppers and onions over medium heat and add coconut oil or spread. Once hot, add potatoes and cook for about 3 min. This is where you add some spice! Throw in that salt and pepper to your liking and stir up the taters. Next add the onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Now don’t add quite as much of this as salt and pepper but don’t be afraid to sprinkle it over the top. Mix it all together and cook until tender…..I like to have a little crust on my potato so once potatoes are tender, turn up the heat a little and let it brown for a minute or so.
- While potatoes are cooking chop up the cooked turkey sausage, and serrano peppers if you’re using them.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and Add the tomatoes you set aside, peppers and onions, and turkey sausage to the potatoes. Heat through and TASTE your food. If it needs more salt, pepper, or other spice in the recipe well then spice up your life and throw some more in there! Have fun cooking your food.
- After killing the spices and getting those flavors just right, turn the heat off, grab a plate and lets EAT! Oh and if you’re feeling fancy add those pretty little green sliced serrano peppers.