Peppers and onions are a delicious topping to almost anything! I love using them as add ons to tacos, or in my breakfast potatoes! Use them however you can think of, add them to soups, salads, pasta….be creative.
Serves: 4 people
The magic that makes it taste good:
• 1 yellow onion, sliced
• 2 bell peppers, sliced color choice is yours!
* coconut spread/oil (optional, I use this as a replacement for oil)
• Salt to taste
• Pepper to taste
• Garlic powder, a sprinkle or 2
• Onion powder, a sprinkle or 2
How to make magic:
1. Heat medium sized sauté pan over med. heat.
2. Add enough coconut spread to lightly coat bottom of the pan.
3. Add sliced peppers and onions to pan, stir to spread evenly around the pan. Now moon walk away from the stove.
4. Let those sit over med. heat for a few minutes. After about 3-4 min grab a wooden spoon/spatula that is flat ended. This is in my opinion the best tool to use when caramelizing onions. If you don’t have one any spatula or cooking spoon works. Stir the onions &a peppers around and try to scrape up the bits on bottom of the pan. This is the caramelization; the scraped pieces get incorporated back into the onions as you stir andcontinue cooking.
6. Turn the heat to low and add the spices to your taste. I love pepper so I use a ton when I cook. As you season, taste it, and add more if it needs it. Stir and let sit for another 5-10 min stirring one more time halfway.
7. Remove from heat and enjoy or serve as a topping!