I absolutely love asian flavors and cooking Asian inspired meals for my family. We are big rice and broccoli eaters in our house, so these Asian Beef & Veggie bowls are the perfect weeknight staple on our menu. I like using 3-4 different veggies to pack an extra punch and variety of nutrients in one meal. Enjoy this short video of the recipe and see how to make magic!
The magic that makes it taste good:
Serves: 4 people
- Sirloin, Skirt steak, or flank steak all works for this recipe
- Brown Rice (follow package instructions)
- Broccoli, chopped
- Mushrooms, chopped
- Bell pepper, sliced
- Carrots, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Soy sauce
- Kombucha, Ginger flavor. (This is optional and was more of an experiment for me, I typically use rice vinegar instead.)
- Sambal Oelek (chili paste)
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Ginger Powder
- Coconut Spread
How to Make Magic:
- Cook brown rice according to package directions and how many people you’re serving.
- Marinate steak in the soy sauce, kombucha or rice vinegar, sambal oelek, honey, cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder, and pepper. Let marinate for 4 hours, if your making this quick and didn’t prepare allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once veggies are cut, add coconut spread to your sauté pan and sauté your mushrooms and bell peppers for about 8-10 minutes. add the carrots and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. If your carrots are cut thicker add them in with the mushrooms and bell peppers. I blanch my broccoli, but steamed works too.
- Use the same pan you cooked your veggies in, add some more coconut spread and add meat to the pan. Cook until done, roughly 5-7 minutes.
- Grab a bowl, and put together your meal! add the rice, veggies, meat and extra samba oelek if you like it spicy!!