So this was the first time I made this dish and I honestly just threw things together that I had in my kitchen…It turned out so yummy! I marinated the meat for 3 hours and then dried it and put a spice rub on it for another 1 hour, seared it in a cast iron pan, finished it in the oven topped with a healthy roasted garlic coconut spread (I used this to replace butter.) OH MY LAWD GUYS! So good I had to document it and create a recipe for what I did. The best part is it’s healthy and you can feel good about eating a good meal full of flavor!
Serves: 2 people
The magic that makes it taste good:
Marinade: **Use spices however you like, I use more Chili Powder than anything else and then kind of use about the same amounts for the rest of the spices.
- Rice Vinegar ( Add equal parts vinegar and pineapple juice to cover steaks)
- Pineapple Juice (Use fresh if possible, if not canned works as well)
- 2 Tbl. Honey
- To taste, Salt
- To taste, Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Mustard Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
Roasted Garlic, Red Chile Sauce:
- 1/2 of can. Canned Herdez Salsa Ranchera ( You can find it at any grocery store)
- 1 Tbl. Pineapple juice
- 1 Kale leaf, de-stemmed
- 1/4 of Yellow Onion
- 4 cloves Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 Tbl. Honey
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Chili Powder, to taste
- Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- Baby Red Potatoes, cut in quarters ( any potatoes work for this recipe)
- Red onion, Sliced
- Green Beans, trimmed
- Yellow Bell pepper, sliced (any bell pepper works)
- 1 Head of Garlic
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Coconut Spread
How To Make Magic:
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate steaks for 3 hours. pull them out and dab with paper towels to dry. Make a spice rub with all the spices from the marinade. Rub that meat and make it spicey! let that sit for about an hour. refrigerate until 15 min. before you cook it.
- Prepare your veggies and preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove most of the peel on the head of garlic
but leave a thin layer. place on a cutting board, cover with a clean towel, put your palm on top and slightly press down until the garlic snaps and opens up slightly like a pretty little blooming flower…. Don’t add to much pressure as you want the head to remain intact. grab a sheet of foil, place the whole garlic piece in the center, add some coconut spread, salt and pepper. wrap it in the foil and place in the oven for about 35-45min. Set aside when it is done.
- In a roasting pan, add potatoes, red onions, coconut spread to coat, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 25 min. turning once halfway through.
- While potatoes are roasting, get a pot of boiling salted water going and blanch your green beans for 2-3 min. Once done have a bowl of ice water ready and shock your beans. (this stops the cooking process.) set them aside with your bell pepper.
- When The potatoes are done add the green beans and bell peppers to the roasting pan, more coconut spread if needed, salt and pepper. mix and roast veggies for an additional 15-20 min.
- Make the sauce! Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a blender and blend until its finely minced and smooth. set aside in a pretty dish for serving later.
- While the veggies are roasting get your Cast iron skillet hot, add steaks and sear (which is fancy for browning.) for about 3-4min on each side. after both sides are seared, Grab the rest of the roasted garlic cloves you made earlier and mix it with some coconut spread, salt, and pepper, add a scoop….or 2… to the top of your steaks and pop them in the oven for about 10 min. (time depends on how well done or undone you like your steak) cook o desired doneness.
- Pull steaks from the oven, let rest for 5-10 min. Slice them up and serve with Roasted Garlic Red chile sauce and those beautifully roasted veggies!