I love to cook but I also don’t want to spend ALL day in the kitchen preparing and cooking meals. The other day I was hungry and when I get hungry hungry I want something quick with minimal effort but still healthy. So I whipped up this quick lunch and it was the perfect light, easy, delicious, healthy lunch I needed. Check out the recipe below!
How to make magic:
- Chicken breast
- red bell pepper, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- cilantro, fresh
- balsamic vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar
- oil ( any kind of cooking oil works.)
- basil leaves (dried or fresh, I used dried in this recipe)
- Marinate chicken in apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, honey, and the basil leaves. 1-3hrs.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and how many your serving.
- Cook chicken for 8-15min depending on thickness of breast, set aside to rest for 5 min. before serving.
- While chicken is cooking slice up the red bell pepper and avocado
- Next is the balsamic dressing, in a bowl combine balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in oil until dressing comes together. (If your dressing doesn’t bind together and the oil and vinegar stay separated add a little bit of dijon mustard) **Dijon mustard is used in vinaigrette dressings as a binder or emulsifier and brings two opposites (oil/water) together.
- You’re done! That was easy right? Assemble the chicken, quinoa, red bell pepper, & avocado in a pretty bowl and drizzle with the balsamic dressing. Add a few cilantro leaves to the top if you’re feeling fancy and eat!