Ladies!!! well and men…and aliens… this is an all-inclusive place for everyone. I guess just anyone out there that has a special someone this recipe is for youuuu. Actually, not true… you can treat yourself too, you don’t need anybody to feel special! #yeshunny. Alright, rewind. lets start again…..
I wanted to make my man a breakfast fit for a King, cause you should always try to show appreciation and make the people in your life feel special. So, Johnny loves to eat but LOVES to eat breakfast, and he was smart and found a chef to cook for him! Let’s be honest though, any working chef does not want to come home and cook a lavish meal all the time. But again, I wanted to make him feel special and appreciated and I speak through food…. The myth is also true, “the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” I learned this early with Johnny, that’s how I hooked him. Check out the recipe below for a delicious Steak & Eggs Breakfast!
The Things That Make Magic:
- Steak (any cut of beef will work for this, I used a 10 oz. top sirloin)
- Red bell pepper
- Butter or Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Salsa (Use your favorite salsa, Red or green is yummy!)
How to Make Magic:
- Season steaks with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Rub those spices in real good, cover, and place into refrigerator for later.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces. Also chop the red bell pepper, asparagus, garlic, onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a roasting pan, place the potatoes and onion. Hit it with a little bit of salt, pepper, paprika, and drizzle of oil or butter. Toss together and put in the oven at 350 degrees farenheit for about 20-30 min.
- After about 20min of the potatoes cooking, add in the red bell pepper, garlic, and asparagus. Gently combine together, and continue cooking for about 15-25min. Done when potatoes are cooked through and slightly browned on the outside. At this time also, take the steaks out of the fridge to allow to start to come to room temp before cooking (about 10min).
- Heat pan. (I used a grill pan to cook the steak and get those beautiful grill marks but a flat bottom pan works as well to sear both sides of the steak.) Once pan/grill is hot use butter or oil to coat the pan.
- Cook Steaks on both sides to preferred doneness. The cook time will always vary as there are many factors; such as, what temp you like your meat cooked, the cut of meat used, and thickness of the cut.
- When steaks are done, set aside and let rest for about 5 min. (yes, this step really does make a difference and is important.) While your steaks are napping get a smaller pan hot, add a little butter or oil and cook your egg to likeness. Always season everything! We are not afraid of flavor over here. Hit your egg with salt and pepper.
- Pull those beautiful roasted potatoes out of the oven, serve them up on a nice plate to make your loved one feel more special, place the steak on top, followed by your egg, some of your favorite salsa over the top and the fresh chopped cilantro you cut earlier! whaaaa laaaaaa!
9. Secret Step: For those of you 18 and older………
go ahead and put on something…..spicy…….when your cooking for your loved one and serve them their plate. Cater to them for this breakfast and who knows……maybe there will be a “second” breakfast….